460V / 18 Amp Load
For High Voltage UPS Battery Testing and Power Supply testing
460V / 18 Amp Electronic Load
- Quality Product
- Rugged and Reliable Design
- Very Cost effective
- Microprocessor controlled
- 18 Amps at 460V (continuous rating). 18 Amps down to 307V.
- Also 13.4 Amps at 230V and 6.5 Amps at 110V.
- 8.2kW Rated.
- Option for 19 inch Rack Mount case
- Continuously variable current
- Constant Current operation is standard
- Options for CP, CR, CV modes.
- Mains powered
- Two LCD digital panel meters for Voltage and current
- Thermally safe
- Fan fail detector on all fans / Air flow blockage detectors
- Overvolt protection
- Shunt output is available
- Remote enable / disable (suitable for UPS control)
- Anderson SB ® Series Connector for DC power connection
- Portable – very light weight Load
This particular Load has been designed to operate with UPS Battery Systems and Telecom
Rectifiers and Power Supplies with output Voltages in the range of 307V to 460V and is
extremely cost effective.
The load is continuously rated at 18 Amps at up to 460V DC, i.e. 8.2kW. The standard
model comes with Constant Current and Options for Constant Power, Constant Resistance and Constant
Voltage modes. The mode selection will be via the front panel. The load current is
continuously variable over the entire current range. The current is controlled via two knobs
on the front panel, one coarse and one fine control.
The Load is powered from the mains supply. The unit uses forced air cooling. The Load is
housed in a 6U case with an option for 19 inch Rack Mount case. It can also be used as a portable Load.
The case has various rear panel connectors and the front panel has two LCD digital panel
meters, one for the DC input Voltage and one for the load current. There are also eight LED’s
to indicate the status of the Load.
The load has been designed to be very reliable and easy to use. It is thermally safe and has
fan fail detectors on all fans together with air blockage detectors. The DC input has
overvoltage protection included. The DC power connection is via an Anderson SB ® Series
connector on the rear panel. Monitor points are included on the front panel for access to the
internal shunt. This is also provided via a D type connector on the rear panel.
Control selection is made from the front panel between “Load ON”, “Load OFF”, “Data
Logger Control”, “External Input Control”, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
The rear panel has a connector to link to the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09” or for an
external load on / off control, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
- UPS Battery testing.
- Telecom Rectifier testing
- General Power Supply testing
- Suitable for run-up bench and product design/development.
- Load bank for Burn-in room facility
- Battery discharge testing
If this unit is also required to carry out Battery Discharge testing there is an option to have an
in-built LVD, (Low Voltage Disconnect). This can be enabled and disabled from the front
panel. It is possible to select the “End Voltage”. When enabled the load monitors the overall
battery Voltage and when it drops to the “End Voltage” it will automatically disconnect the
load and the current will drop to zero. Thus, the Load now becomes an intelligent Load, in
that if it is left unattended it will prevent deep discharge of the batteries and hence prevent
any possible damage to them.
When this load is used in conjunction with the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09”,
(which is recommended), the “End Voltage” will be programmed from the Logger and this
will automatically disconnect the load when the Logger senses that the “End Voltage” has
been reached. This feature will override the LVD in the load.