230V / 36 Amp Load
For High Voltage UPS Battery Testing and Power Supply testing
230V / 36 Amp Electronic Load
- Quality Product
- Rugged and Reliable Design
- Very Cost effective
- Microprocessor controlled
- 36 Amps at 230V (continuous rating). 36 Amps down to 153V.
- Also 25 Amps at 110V and 11 Amps at 48V.
- 8.2kW Rated.
- Option for19 inch Rack Mount case
- Continuously variable current
- Constant Current operation is standard
- Options for CP, CR, CV modes.
- Mains powered
- Two LCD digital panel meters for Voltage and current
- Thermally safe
- Fan fail detector on all fans / Air flow blockage detectors
- Overvolt protection
- Shunt output is available
- Remote enable / disable (suitable for UPS control)
- Anderson SB ® Series Connector for DC power connection
- Portable – very light weight Load
This particular Load has been designed to operate with UPS Battery Systems and
Telecom Rectifiers and Power Supplies with output Voltages in the range of 153V to
230V and is extremely cost effective.
The load is continuously rated at 36 Amps at up to 230V DC, i.e. 8.2kW. The
standard model comes with Constant Current and Options for Constant Power, Constant
Resistance and Constant Voltage modes. The mode selection will be via the front
panel. The load current is continuously variable over the entire current range. The
current is controlled via two knobs on the front panel, one coarse and one fine control.
The Load is powered from the mains supply. The unit uses forced air cooling. The
Load is housed in a 6U case with an option for 19 inch Rack Mount case. It can also be used as a portable Load.
The case has various rear panel connectors and the front panel has two LCD digital
panel meters, one for the DC input Voltage and one for the load current. There are
also eight LED’s to indicate the status of the Load.
The load has been designed to be very reliable and easy to use. It is thermally safe and
has fan fail detectors on all fans together with air blockage detectors. The DC input
has overvoltage protection included. The DC power connection is via an Anderson SB
® Series connector on the rear panel. Monitor points are included on the front panel
for access to the internal shunt. This is also provided via a D type connector on the
Control selection is made from the front panel between “Load ON”, “Load OFF”,
“Data Logger Control”, “External Input Control”, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
The rear panel has a connector to link to the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09” or
for an external load on / off control, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
- UPS Battery testing.
- Telecom Rectifier testing
- General Power Supply testing
- Suitable for run-up bench and product design/development.
- Load bank for Burn-in room facility
- Battery discharge testing
If this unit is also required to carry out Battery Discharge testing there is an option to
have an in-built LVD, (Low Voltage Disconnect). This can be enabled and disabled
from the front panel. It is possible to select the “End Voltage”. When enabled the load
monitors the overall battery Voltage and when it drops to the “End Voltage” it will
automatically disconnect the load and the current will drop to zero. Thus, the Load
now becomes an intelligent Load, in that if it is left unattended it will prevent deep
discharge of the batteries and hence prevent any possible damage to them.
When this load is used in conjunction with the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09”,
(which is recommended), the “End Voltage” will be programmed from the Logger and