48V / 300 Amp Load
For Battery Discharge testing and Power Supply testing
48V / 300 Amp Electronic Load
- Quality Product
- Rugged and Reliable Design
- Very Cost effective
- Microprocessor controlled
- 300 Amps at 60V (continuous rating)
- 18kW Rated
- Portable – very light weight Load
- Small case size with carrying handles
- Continuously variable current
- Constant Current operation is standard
- Options for CP, CR, CV modes.
- Completely powered from batteries.
- Two LCD digital panel meters for Voltage and Current
- Thermally safe
- Fan fail detect on all fans / Air flow blockage detectors
- Fused protection option
- Overvolt protection
- Intelligent Load feature; has built-in LVD to remove load at “End Voltage”
- Selectable “End Voltage” prevents deep discharge and possible damage
- Amplified Shunt output is available
- Remote enable / disable (suitable for UPS control)
- An Anderson SB 350A series connector for DC power connection
This particular Load has been designed to operate with 48V and 50V, (24 or 25 cells at 2V each),
battery systems and is extremely cost effective.
The load is continuously rated at 300 Amps at up to 60V DC, i.e. 18kW. The standard model has
constant current operation. There is an option available for Constant Power, Constant Resistance
and Constant Voltage. The mode selection will be via the front panel. The load current is
continuously variable over the entire current range. The current is controlled via two knobs on the
front panel, one coarse and one fine control.
As standard there is an in-built LVD, (Low Voltage Disconnect). It is possible to select the “End
Voltage” for both 48V and 50V systems with an equivalent “End Voltage” per cell from 1.55V PC
up to 1.90V PC. When enabled the load monitors the overall battery Voltage and when it drops to
the “End Voltage” it will automatically disconnect the load and the current will drop to zero. Thus,
the Load now becomes an intelligent Load, in that if it is left unattended it will prevent deep
discharge of the batteries and hence prevent any possible damage to them.
When this load is used in conjunction with the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09”, (which is
recommended), the “End Voltage” will be programmed from the Logger and this will
automatically disconnect the load when the Logger senses that the “End Voltage” has been
reached. This feature will override the LVD in the load.
The Load is completely powered from the Batteries under test, i.e. no mains supply is required.
Therefore tests are not terminated part way through by a temporary mains power outage. The unit
uses forced air cooling. The Load is housed in a compact, rugged case with carrying handles and is
ultra-lightweight for the power rating and is also completely portable. The Load may be left on
site, unattended, for an extended period of time, if required.
The case has various rear panel connectors and the front panel has two LCD panel meters, one for
the DC input Voltage and one for the load current. There are also eight LED’s to indicate the
status of the Load.
The load has been designed to be very reliable, easy to use and suitable for field use. It is thermally
safe and has fan fail detectors on all fans together with air blockage detectors. The DC input is
fused and overvoltage protection is included. The DC power connection is via an Anderson SB
350A series connector on the rear panel. Monitor points are included on the front panel for access
to the internal shunt. This is also provided via a D type connector on the rear panel.
Control selection is made from the front panel between “Load ON”, “Load OFF”, “Data Logger
Control”, “External Input Control”, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
The rear panel has a connector to link to the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09” or for an
external load on / off control, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
- Battery discharge testing.
- Power Supply testing
Applications for Mains powered version – see EL 18-48M
- Telecom Rectifier testing.
- All purpose Power Supply testing.
- Load bank for Burn-in room facility.