110V / 100 Amp Load
For Battery Discharge testing and Power Supply testing
110V / 100 Amp; 48V / 50 Amp and 24V / 25 Amp (in one unit) Electronic Load
- Quality Product
- Rugged and Reliable Design
- Very Cost effective
- Microprocessor controlled
- 100 Amps at 117V (continuous rating) 11.7kW Rated
- 100 Amps down to 92V and 90 Amps down to 83V
- Portable – very light weight Load
- Small case size with carrying handles
- Continuously variable current
- Constant Current operation is standard
- Options for CP, CR, CV modes.
- Completely powered from batteries.
- Two LCD digital panel meters for Voltage and current
- Thermally safe
- Fan fail detector on all fans / Air flow blockage detectors
- Fused protection (optional)
- Overvolt protection
- Intelligent Load feature: has built-in LVD to remove load at “End Voltage”
- Selectable “End Voltage” prevents deep discharge and possible damage
- Shunt output is available
- Remote enable / disable (suitable for UPS control)
- Anderson SB ® Series connector for DC power connection
This particular Load has been designed to operate with 110V battery systems and is extremely cost
The load is continuously rated at 100 Amps at up to 117V DC, i.e. 11.7kW. This model also
caters for 48V systems, (up to 50 Amps), and 24V systems (up to 25 Amps). The standard model
has constant current operation. There is an option available for Constant Power, Constant
Resistance and Constant Voltage. The mode selection will be via the front panel. The load current
is continuously variable over the entire current range. The current is controlled via two knobs on
the front panel, one coarse and one fine control.
As standard there is an in-built LVD, (Low Voltage Disconnect). It is possible to select the “End
Voltage” per cell from 1.55V PC up to 1.90V PC. When enabled the load monitors the overall
battery Voltage and when it drops to the “End Voltage” it will automatically disconnect the load
and the current will drop to zero. Thus, the Load now becomes an intelligent Load, in that if it left
unattended it will prevent deep discharge of the batteries and hence prevent any possible damage
When this load is used in conjunction with the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09”, (which is
recommended), the “End Voltage” will be programmed from the Logger and this will
automatically disconnect the load when the Logger senses that the “End Voltage” has been
reached. This feature will override the LVD in the load.
The Load is completely powered from the Batteries under test, i.e. no mains supply is required.
Therefore tests are not terminated part way through by a temporary mains power outage. The unit
uses forced air cooling. The Load is housed in a compact, rugged case with carrying handles and is
ultra-lightweight for the power rating and is also completely portable. The Load may be left on
site, unattended, for an extended period of time, if required.
The case has various rear panel connectors and the front panel has two LCD panel meters, one for
the DC input Voltage and one for the load current. There are also eight LED’s to indicate the
status of the Load.
The load has been designed to be very reliable, easy to use and suitable for field use. It is thermally
safe and has fan fail detectors on all fans together with air blockage detectors. The DC input is
fused and overvoltage protection is included. The DC power connection is via an Anderson SB
Series 350 Amp connector on the rear panel. Monitor points are included on the front panel for
access to the internal shunt. This is also provided via a D type connector on the rear panel.
Control selection is made from the front panel between “Load ON”, “Load OFF”, “Data Logger
Control”, “External Input Control”, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
The rear panel has a connector to link to the “Manatronics Data Logger DLM-09” or for an
external load on / off control, (e.g. suitable for UPS control).
- Battery discharge testing.
- Power Supply testing.
Applications for Mains powered version – see EL 12-110 M
- Telecom Rectifier testing.
- All purpose Power Supply testing
- Load bank for Burn-in room facility